A Trip to the Vet

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Since the day when I first bathed XiaoBai, she became so-not-herself. Her hind legs seemed to be very weak. She will will lie down (she didn't do that before), with her legs stretched out. The stretching part made me feel that she doesn't want to put pressure on her legs as it may be painful. So although my exams were over, I still felt a bit stressed. These few days were a bit worse. Her that-part-where-shit-came-out-from had a lot of soft stool on it. The energy-less limbs and diarrhea made me determined to bring it to the vet today.

So, I went to the vet this morning. Luckily my mum said she'll accompany me there, coz I was still wondering if I'll cry there. Plus it was raining. I had to "cover" XiaoBai so that the rain dun get her. Took taxi there and fro, coz I was afraid that XiaoBai will suddenly whistle on the bus. And I was hoping XiaoBai dun whistle on the taxi also. Indeed, she never. I'm so pleased with her. Haha. But the vet said squealing is good. It'll be worrying if she doesn't. There were 2 veterinary surgery there. I chose the one with customers inside. The other one had no one inside, except for 2 nurses. Maybe the doctor was not as good? Oops. The vet I went had at least 9 nurses leh. Anyway, I had to fill up the particulars. The feeling was so weird. It was the first time writing "Pet's Name". Anyway, I regretted writing "XiaoBai", coz the person called the name twice. And I giggled twice. It was a bit embarrassing. I rather they call my name.


Outside the consulation room.

It was a bit scary inside the consultation room. There was this metal table (to put animals on it) and loads of bottles containing medicine, which gave out those "hospital" smell. They laid a towel and put XiaoBai on it. The vet gave her a check and said her legs had no problem. It's just that she's weak, plus she had diarrhea. And he said the bath was not the cause of it. It was merely coincidence. Then he gave XiaoBai a jet of vitamin C. I'm so proud of XiaoBai. She's so brave - only squealed a few squeals. But my tears almost flowed out. I'm so 心 疼. The vet said to give her vitamin C supplements, fresh fruits and veggies, coz they can't generate vitamins themselves. Oh, you mean I do?

Bathed her when I got home to get rid of those soft stool still sticking on her.


Sitting on the towel.


I wrapped her in the towel to give her warmth.


She went under table herself. Maybe she's feeling a lil better?

She is lying, resting and sleeping now, all those worrying actions. But I just let her be, coz she needs plenty of rest after the injection and medicine.

I just fed her medicine. It smelt (not too clever to taste it) exactly like our medicine. Must jiayou kaes, XiaoBai? Dun make me worry so much for you...

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. waaaa... so poor thing lah... really regretted i gave u that as present... Like make u so sad.. Waaaa... so sorry.. GET WELL SOON XIAOBAI!!! Dun let us worry about u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dun say that... I'm very happy to receive XiaoBai as my present.
    Hope she gets well fast. =)

    ReplyDelete

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad