One Man Show

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm totally pissed off by the people who were working today. There were only 4 staffs today - A, G, A and me. A and G were doing kitchen. Then A is manager mah, so can only help a lil. Then it's like one person doing kitchen is enough, then they 硬硬 want 2 people. When there were no orders, A and G just chit-chat. Stand there and chat openly. So NOT friendly... these people.

I had to do everything all by myself - show menu, take order, do setting, serve order, refill water, give bill, do cashiering, clear table, do washing and put back bowls, etc. It's damn crazy lah! Those 2 people damn selfish. See me with the washed plates also dunno how to help. And you call that "working together".

I simply can't stand it after a few hours, not because I have a lot of things to do, but is that they dunno how to help when they are very free. They do what then I also follow. They dun want to help me then I also dun help them. I continued washing my glasses and spoons even though I knew the order is done. I am just so pissed. So they have no choice but to serve themselves. Then when customers came in, I stay put. Then they had to come out to serve the menu.

Who ask them to be so selfish in the first place!

When it's getting nearer to the time to leave, I started giving them "face". I closed the ice fridge with a "bang" and put back the plates with a"clang". I didn't talk to them much, coz I was too tired and pissed.

One thing that made me angrier is they knew I was very busy.

G: Eh, why you like so angry?
Me: Nothing.
G: I know you have to wash plate all that... but we dun have enough staff today.
Oh is it?! You are not a staff?
G: Eh, today you go home want to sleep is it?
Me: Why?
G: Coz you run up and down mah...
Oh you are aware of that huh...

Then I took my handphone out...

A: Eh, use handphone ar...
Me: [Silence]
I wanted to reply "I just saw you using also." But I thought remaining silence is a more more friendlier way. I didn't want the volcano in my heart to boil.

Then G still wanted me to buy dinner for her. I folded my arms and walked away when she asked me to buy. No way am I going to sacrifice my own time to buy dinner for selfish people. I want to leave right on the dot. WL wanted me to wait a while before leaving, but she knew I'm very tired. I went off happily, without asking if I need to throw rubbish or not. Bother so much for what... I've done more than I should.

But there was some fun when I just went to work, coz boss R crapped with me...
Me: A, what you want to eat?
R: See, nobody asked me...
Me: What you want to eat? I buy for you.
R: No need lah, just kidding with you.
Me: I buy you ice-cream lah.
R: I dun want Haagen-Dazs one leh. I want Ben & Jerry.
Me: Ok lah, I buy for you now.
R: Here have meh?
Me: No. I go other places buy. I go now, no need to work le...
How lame.

Ooh, and I swear I saw a customer who looked really like 王傳一, except that he's thinner.

By the way, this post is not about working etiquettes. It's about selfish people and what makes them selfish.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad