Damn damn tired.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Finally, after a whole 3 months, I went back to work. And saw those familiar friends. One thing different is Jolene and Joanne wearing formal, coz they are promoted to supervisors le. Anyway, I wasn't supposed to work yesterday, but it seems that HD is still short of people. And Joanne was hoping that she can brainwash me to work until 11pm. What?! 13 hours? Nah nah nah.

Went to work at 10am. Then there was nothing for me to do, coz Annabel came earlier than me, and did all those that I'm supposed to do. So I filled up some serviettes and kept the dry ice, before I heard a piece of not-very-good news.

Annabel was talking on the phone and suddenly said my name. I stopped packing my dry ice and starred at her...

Me: Why you say my name?
A: I need you to help me take a can of Macadamia Nut ice-cream from Velocity.
Me: Huh?! A can ar?
A: You go to Novena then take cab back.
Me: Take cab there and back?
A: Take MRT there...
Me: Huh? Later I get lost how? I dunno how to go to Velocity wor...
A: You stop at Novena station and take the escalator up.
Me: I'll get there and come back safe and sound is it?
A: Haha. Ya ya.
So, I took my wallet (to pay the can-claim-taxi-fare) and handphone (to call for help if I can't handle the can of ice-cream) along with me to Velocity. Took the train there and reached at about 10.30am plus (when I started work at 10am). I realised I didn't ask for the shop unit. So I went to the shop directory for help. Hmmm... unit #01-62/63. I looked around and the shops were all 20 and 30 plus.
Velocity so big orh?
Found the shop after walking almost every corner of level 1. Then saw Mike there and waited for my dear mac nut can.
M: Later remember to ask your manager to write the transfer form.
Me: Huh? (Too obsessed with wondering how to go back to J8.)
M: Later remember to ask your manager to write the transfer form.
Me: Oh, okay.
M: If not you have to pay for the ice-cream.
Me: Huh... Dun want.
M: Can carry or not?
Me: Erm... can.
Straight after the word "can", my can of ice-cream dropped from the counter to the floor, in good shape of course.
M: You see, can carry mah?
Me: Can. Bye.
So, I walked steadily (coz I went to locate the taxi stand before I found HD) and unsteadily (coz my whole body tilted towards the left as I carried it with my left hand) to the taxi stand.


It's around 9.45 kg. Damn heavy.

When I was on the cab, the taxi uncle kept asking me which way I want to go...
Me: Erm... anything. I not familiar with roads.
Uncle: You want the Braddell ... ... ...
Me: The fastest route can le.
Uncle: The take the Braddell ... ... ...
Me: Ah ya, okay can.
Phew. I know it's quite unsafe to tell the uncle that I'm not familiar with roads, since he may go the long way. But what can I do? Half my energy is already gone from carrying the can.

Then went back to shop. And there were these aunties blocking our entrance, which made me even more tired.

When I saw Annabel, I started...
Me: Annabel Annabel Annabel...
A: Hey, you're back.
Me: Very heavy leh. Then I couldn't find the shop.
A: You never ask people the way?
Me: No lah. I wearing the HD uniform then still ask people where's HD meh? Later people say I crazy... dunno where's my shop.
A: You say you new staff lah.
Me: Dun want.
Then slacked by separating the 10 cent coins into one dollars. Then watched the human traffic outside, coz dunno got what charity event. Then the people used our outside space - for free. And they only arranged back the tables and chairs (which was still messy anyway). They never cleared the rubbish they left behind lor. Then went to pack 2 quarts and I pint of Macdamia Nut ice-cream from the can I bought back. Mac nut was so damn hard lahs. So now, my left arm ached from carrying mac nut and my right arm ached from scooping mac nut.

... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Nothing special after that. Just have a lot of customers and I realised many things changed le. But some changed for the better. Haha.

Tired is the word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad