Working Closing is Fun.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Worked full shift today. It's been a long time since I've worked closing. There wasn't really a lot of customers, as compared to Saturdays.

I put down my bag and went to buy my lunch. I bought fried fish beehoon soup.

When I've finished eating...

Me: Woa... very hot leh.
WL: Aiya... you every time very hot de leh... Go buy dinner hot. Now eating also hot.
Me: Haha. The soup very hot mah.
At around 1 p.m, there was a kids event at Top of the 8.
"Later we can watch the event in shop leh. Coz the kids are all so small. They won't block us."

"I dun think there will be a lot of people also."

"The host poor thing leh, talking to such a small crowd. Kids some more~"
I dunno who all those characters are. I only know Batman and heard of Wonder Woman. They said I have no childhood. Indeed. I even told everyone the first character who made an appearance looked like Willy Wonka from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. To me, they looked alike coz they are both small size, have the same kind of hairstyle and wore the same high hat.

While we were watching the event from the shop, the only 2 customers (men) also looked at what we were watching. I think they enjoyed the show more than us. They even when to the event area after paying the bill. And they stayed in shop for a long time even after finished eating to watch he show.

Before I see the real Batman, I saw a small Batboy. He was so cute, adjusting his mask and cloak as he walked...

Things were getting fun when the 6pm shift people came in. We were practically laughing in front of the customers. I didn't know K is such a joker. There are just too many fun things to list out. So I shan't. Haha.

I saw Amelia when I was eating my dinner. You finally came after like dunno how many weeks. And you saw me when I was eating Fish Ole. Luckily I was not sitting on the rubbish bin to eat. Haha.

My aunt also came. She went to watch movie upstairs. Haiya... but work till 11p.m. So cannot drive me home.

The angry part came...

Yesterday, there was a new part-time staff. He is just OMG! At first, I only know he came to look for the manager. I went away coz I had to send orders.

When I came back...
K: He is new staff leh.
Me: [Laughs till mad.]
K: I not kidding lor.
Me: Dun gei siao lah.
K: U ask G lah.
G: I also dunno.
Me: Aiya... dun lie to me hor.
The shock came in when I saw him wearing HD uniform. He looks completely different lor. When he was wearing his office wear, he looks as though he is very knowledgeable. When he was wearing our uniform, he looks like those kind who dunno everything. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. A was so good to attach That Guy to K. I was laughing my head off lor. That's the suay-est thing that could happen. That Guy came at 8p.m, when it was the busy time. It was difficult to teach him what to do. Arh... but that's not my job anyway.

However, I still taught him one thing. Whether he listened and learned or not is not my problem le wor... What I taught him was damn simple lor. But he just dun understand!

This is what happened. I was standing at the side and I saw him looking at the settings menu and the order chit helplessly. So, I went forward and offered my help.
That Guy: New York Brownie... New York Brownie... New York Brownie...
Me: They order brownie right? You see, eat brownie need to use fork and spoon. So you go and get 2 glasses of water, 2 serviettes, and forks and spoons.
That Guy: Huh?
Me: Okay, now you pour water into 2 glasses.
That Guy: [Looks blur after pouring water.]
Me: Take fork and spoon.
That Guy: [Took a packet of sugar and asked me, "Fo?"]
Me: [!@#$%^&* Hello, I even pointed to him where's the fork and he is still very blur.]
K: Brownie out liao.
Me: Huh?! Okay, you go away, I do for you first.
He wasn't doing anything but blocking me from doing the settings.

I had to rush to do the setting. In the end, my stomach a bit pain coz I laughed too much earlier on. Tsk.
Me: Woah, he hor... Brownie out liao and settings still not done.
K: Ya lor. Brownie so slow de also out liao.
Me: Maybe next time waffle out liao and settings still not done.
K: Maybe apple pie out liao also haven't do settings.
Me: Worse ah... later both waffle and apple pie out liao also haven't lor.
That Guy came for three hours only. He didn't do much lor. He dun even seems to understand simple English. I even had to show him 10 fingers when I told him to send bill to table 10. OMG lahx! He went home at around 10 plus. Dun have to wait for manager de. Bravo. Easy job for him.

There wasn't Rum Raisin ice-cream today. Many customers were disappointed. Is it that nice?
Customer: Why isn't there Rum Raisin?
Me: Erm... we've run out of it.
Customer: If I bring rum myself, then can we have the ice-cream?
Me: Actually, you can buy raisin in supermarkets lah.
Customer: [Laughs.]
K got a good comment from a customer for changing their fondue chocolate when it hardened.
A: Hey, clap for K. He's got a comment.
Me: Woa, ho sey man. I wanna see the comment also.
K: Eh, what she write?
Me: Hmm... everything excellent except product presentation. But I think fondue is the nicest liao.
K: Okay, then I quit tomorrow.
Me: [Laughs till mad again.]
K: Haha. Got a comment and want to quit without increasing pay.
Me: Stop it lah. I laugh until stomach pain liao.
I hope I dun get to work with That Guy. Anyway, taking leave soon.

Long time never sweep the floor, sit on the sofa and chat, go to the toilet when the whole shopping centre is dark, and eating ice-cream!


Vanilla Caramel Brownie in cone. VCB is great!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad