Scooping Ice-cream

Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's been a while since I've last blogged...

Worked yesterday. It was damn tiring and I had quite a new experience.

I went to the shop at 9.45am. I took the lift up level 3 and saw the shop shutter opened halfway. It wasn't normally like that. Then I saw a lady walking around in the shop. She must be the new manager that they were talking about.

First conversation with manager A...

A: Are you Jean?
Me: Ya. Are you the new manager?
A: Ya. I've been transferred here from Holland Village.
Me: Ooh.
A: And you are transferred to Holland Village.
Me: HUH?!
A: Just kidding.
Okay, so she likes to joke.

When I was cutting lemon, she suddenly came and asked me a (unique) question.
A: Why are you here? I thought your shop is beside?
Me: [Stunned.]
[OS: Oh, she's referring to Jean Yip...]
Ya lah. They dun want me there mah...
A: [Laughs.]
At around 11 plus, she suddenly bombed me with a piece of news. She hadn't went to the bank. There was only me and her. The shutter was opened. The lights were all on. We are ready for opening. And she tells me she had to go to the bank.
Me: I don't know how to do all the creations, including scooping ice-cream.
A: You can look at the recipe.
Me: No use lah. How long do you have to go?
A: Very fast one.
Me: Huh... Later customers come in then I die lor...
A: Or you want to go to the bank?
Me: Dun want. I dun even know where's the bank.
A: Okay, then I run to the bank and come back quickly.
Me: Erm, you give me your number. If got anything, then I call you then you must run back hor.
So, she left me alone to look after the shop.

Meanwhile, I tried scooping the ice-cream since I had nothing to do. Do some practice first. If not later customers want ice-cream then I dunno how to scoop... Finally, the ice-cream that I scooped were ALL round. Woa, so much satisfaction.

3 customers came in and wanted to order waffle. I told them there is no waffle temporarily, since I saw no waffle mix and so they went away. When A came back, she asked me if there are any customers. Then she told me there is waffle. No use telling them there is, coz I dunno how to do also. Then I asked her to teach me scooping.

Thanks A, C and J for teaching me how to do creations.

Now, I know how to do Chocolate Decadence, Desirable, Divine, Banana Split, a lil of Flower Blossom, Sorbet Freeze and take-away ice-cream.

Both my arms are aching now, coz I scooped ice-cream for hours. The ice-creams were real hard, especially Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Summer Berries and Cream is the softest. I just had to use the force like when I'm drawing to scoop lor.

Let's see when is the next time...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ah! i want to go work.....with you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me ur schedule before the hols okaes?
    Then can work 2gether.
    Haa... we like working to have fun like tt.

    ReplyDelete

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad