The Long-Time-No-See Besties

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Went out with April yesterday. So sad huh... can only meet during school holidays. Anyway, thanks for accompanying me to HD office to check my pay. By the way, that HR lady is very kind. She offered to help me photocopy some stuff. So I've got some serious admin staff to do today.


Headed to The Cathay after that to see if there's anything we can have for lunch. And I met some BB friends there too. When we were walking down the escalator, someone was giving us flyers. So we gave the restaurant a try.


the. Indulge Restaurant. It's an award winning restaurant too.


Their menu. They are having set lunch promotion now.


Is there a special reason that the knife must be placed like that with the fork? Or is it just pure coincidence that both sets happen to be like that...


My Sapphire Dream* and April's Winky.

*I fell in love with Blue Curacao ever since I tried Pacific Paradise (used to be in HD menu). And I've never had any drinks with Blue Curacao after it was taken off the menu. I was so happy to drink it lah.


Pacific Paradise.


The mocktails~ Both are must-tries!


By the look of this soup, this restaurant should be more on the Chinese side. But the food is really nice!


Wok-Braised Fusilli with Fried Chicken, Shitake Mushroom in Creamy Pesto Sauce.


Roasted Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce.


The food~


Vanilla ice-cream with chocolate sauce.


April and Me.

Shopped around Dhoby Ghaut area.


Meet my XiaoBai's daughter. They have a bit resemblance la hor... She can accompany me everywhere ;)

Then April bought these...


You can choose your own bread at Action City. This is not taken at any bread shop.

Breadou


Charsiew Bun. When we were waiting for MRT, an uncle asked April if this bread was from Roti Boy. He didn't believe that it was fake.

So on the whole journey, I was bombarded with offers to eat up the bread.


Small Little Red Riding Hood collectibles.

Headed to Novena (Square 2 and Velocity) to shop after that. When it was dinner time, our coffee addiction came. So we went to...


The Connoisseur Concerto

We shall have a try at Gloria Jean's Coffees the next time. It's so great to have a friend who is also a coffee addict. We have so much to talk about coffee.


Their drinks menu.

My Azuki Coffee Cooler and April's Mighty Joe Young.


The coffees that COFFEE ADDICTS need...

Photos time:


The staff was so good to help us take photo automatically willingly.




Reflection behind their TCC logo.


Me and April.






Leftovers of my coffee - Azuki Beans. It doesn't taste that nice if you were to eat it like that. Rather, it tasted better when mixed with the latte. It soon became a punishment when I answered questions wrongly. :x

Some random photos, which I think is quite artistic rite...


Warm water, in small glasses.


Sugar and serviette.

TCC is so entertaining:


We had so much fun and laughter with their "All you need to know about coffee" encyclopedia.


I took up the "Coffee Challenge", since I'm a Coffee Addict. I was correct for the first few questions (very unexpected), but my luck changed when I sat on another seat. :x

One thing that I'm so proud of myself is my psychological logic of answering those T/F questions.
They confirm won't waste ink and space to print out the correct answers (if it is false lah). So it must be true.
And this logic of mine pulled me through those T/F questions. :p

Some jokes:


Barista: "Would you like your coffee black?"
Man: "What other colours are there?"

Do you know I was still seriously answering the question when April asked me. But it turned out to be a joke. Waste my saliva only...









Espresso: "Deja brew!"
Cappuccino: "What did you say?"
Espresso: "Have I seen you before?"

I know that espresso should already been in the cappuccino. But I still can't get the link. Explanation, anyone?


We are the Coffee Addicts cum Critics! More coffee tasting next time ya!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad