"No worries I understand"

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Worked morning shift (as usual) on Friday and Saturday. Ended up, I couldn't even watch my favourite shows proper. I slept through... until I heard the lovely sound of the viola performance. I'm lucky I didn't take up violin, if not I'll bang my head on the wall. Hey, the sound of viola is heavenly lah. Something in between a violin and a cello couldn't be too bad ya?

Anyway, I had an encounter with a crocodile customer yesterday. I guess I dun have to do much explaining about that customer's attitude right? You can just relate it to a crocodile.

Customers aren't always right, at least their attitude aren't. If they can go left, then why can't I? He doesn't even know how we function. People talk to you in a good tone and you dun appreciate. You good. But I even better. I walked away without even hearing him finish his (last!) words. My new manager even came to tell me to "chill". Yea, I did chill when I saw him eating alone. Just look at his face and you'll confirm chill.

Alright, enough of crocodiles.

Actually, I dun really like to do kitchen alone. I prefer someone to help me. Working hand in hand is better. So working on weekdays also have good and bad. Good is there's less customers. Bad is you have to handle everything yourself, unless it's real busy lahs.

E and I was doing kitchen yesterday. I think it's the first time we've ever made so much coffee in a few hours. I had a great laugh when he dropped something when I was steaming milk. I'll always remember that scene. So funny. Haha.

E and KX were surprised I'm already in Year 2...

KX: You next week starts school issit?
Me: No. 28th.
KX: Huh? Why so late? You in what school?
Me: NYP.
KX: I thought is 14th?
Me: That's for Year 1 bah. I in Year 2 le.
KX: I thought you Year 1 leh.
Me: I dun look like issit? Ok, thank you!
So he went to tell E too...
E: You Year 2 meh?
Me: I dun look like issit? Thank you thank you.
I presumed it's a compliment. LOL.

***

"No worries I understand" is really a consoling phrase. Things that I fear is now coming. I dunno how should I react. My eyes feel teary whenever I think of it. But I know I have to be strong. If I dun, then who will?

***

Someone called just now...
Someone: Can I speak to Joanna?
Me: Wrong number.
Someone: Who are you?
Me: You dialed the wrong number.
Someone: Who are you?
Me: [Fed up]
Me: I am not Joannaaaa.
I see no purpose in telling you my name. You won't know who issit anyway...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad