IKEA Day

Monday, January 29, 2007

Last Saturday, I went to IKEA Tampines with my aunt Esther coz she wanted to buy some storage boxes and furniture.

We went there by bus. I was kinda uncomfortable sitting in an non-aircon bus. But when my aunt told me the bus fare is cheaper, I sort of had no more complains. When we alighted, my aunt pointed out to me that IKEA and COURTS had something in common.

The image “http://www.courts.com.sg/megastore/firstglimpse/pg1.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
COURTS -- Blue wordings, yellow background.

The image “http://www.ikea.com.sg/images/store_services/selfservice279x279.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
IKEA -- Yellow wordings, Blue background.

In case you don't get it, the similarity is the colours used for the building.

IKEA is packed with people when we got there in the afternoon. We went to the cafe to have our lunch. We had Poached Salmon, Spaghetti w/Tomato Sauce and Chicken Wings. 3 dishes cost only ten plus dollars. Very the cheap leh. Then we went to see the furnitures. No matter where we went, I saw snakes. You know, those green toy snakes that are sold at IKEA. I even saw one teenager pushing a trolley full of snakes. I wouldn't even dare to show my face if it was me.

We went home at around 5 plus. We flagged a cab and my aunt intended to put me off at AMK MRT station before going to her house. But the driver suggested going to AMK MRT station last. Then, my aunt told the driver to stop me at Yio Chu Kang MRT station instead. However, the driver offered to drive me home because he also stayed in Yishun. But I had to buy dinner for my bro and me. So, I asked him to let me off off at Northpoint. So good of the driver. 好人有好报~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad