Dolce Vita

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Italian fine dining at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore's Dolce Vita was a mind-blower. So glad that the yummylicious 6-course dinner and 2 glasses of red wine didn't cost a bomb.

Dining by the pool is definitely one of the highlight at Dolce Vita. But me being me, I chose to seat indoors by the windows so that we could enjoy the night view without being aircon-less.

Freshly baked bread with an assortment of dips. I don't usually eat bread but I wanted to try it with the dips because everyone was saying how good the dips are. Indeed.

Amuse Bouche

Blue Swimmer Crab with Avocado Mousse and Spicy Mango Salsa. This is an antipasti but I felt like I was already eating a main course. Nomnomnom.


Wild Mushroom Velouté. This mushroom soup is so awesome. It's served in a little cup and you sip it the way you do with coffee. It also looks like coffee because of the foam on top.

Maine Lobster Linguine with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Garlic and Basil. The pasta is handmade and the lobster is so fresh. I've heard mixed reviews of this and I don't understand why. It's so good.

Atlantic Cod Fish with Plancha Polenta, Fennel and Caper-Anchovy Cream Sauce. Cod fish don't only taste good in Chinese cuisine okay.

Traditional Mascarpone Cheese Tiramisu with Marsala, Savoiardi Biscuit and Espresso Coffee. I love the presentation and how the hot espresso was poured a la minute when served. The espresso was smelling so good that I wished I could drink it on its own.

And we each had a glass of Teusner Joshua to accompany us through the dinner.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad