Korea 2015 (Day 1 of 9)

Sunday, July 26, 2015

And so, it happened again.

As you might have seen on my Instagram account, I travelled to Korea for the second time within just 5 months. Flights and accommodations were only booked a month in advance and the first thing I did when I wake up everyday was to search for the best travel deals.

The idea of travelling came about when both April and I were not working. We wanted to go somewhere near that's good enough for  a week plus of wanderlust, and April wanted to see cherry blossoms in particular. You might be asking why not Japan - well that's because I don't fancy Japanese food.

So Korea ended up being the win-win destination for both of us. Planning a 9-day itinerary (or rather squeezing so many places into a 9-day itinerary) was no easy feat!

3 April 2015

Changi International Airport

Departed Singapore at 1 plus in the early morning. Yawnssssssss.

Korean Air

I was sleeping throughout the direct flight (no inconvenient transit unlike the previous time when I took Cathay Pacific) until I somehow woke up at 5.30am to witness this sunrise. Gorgeous!

In-flight breakfast was served at 6am. I must have been eating in my sleep. 

Incheon International Airport

Touched down Seoul at 8 plus in the morning and did some errands such as collecting the wifi egg and buying T-money card.

A Twosome Place
(Incheon International Airport) - website

Had morning coffee at the airport while waiting to board KTX train to Busan. The red velvet cake was so good!

After about 3hrs, it was finally time to board the Busan-bound train. Didn't like that I can't put my big luggage on the top rack of my cabin. My luggage ended up at the racks near the train doors, which made me so uneasy about the mere thought that it could get stolen or taken away by mistake.

There wasn't much to see on the train journey to Busan. I did enjoy the 4hrs of undisturbed sleep though.

Comma Hotel Seomyeon (Beomnaegol Station)

So happy to reach our Busan hotel after more than 12hrs of travelling in the air and on the rails. Had to wait a while to check-in, which I don't know why. Precious time wasted tsk.

Refreshed ourselves and headed out quickly so that we could have more time for our ONLY itinerary before the day ends...

Gwangalli Beach (Gwangan Station) - website

Beautiful cherry blossoms greeted us when we came out of the subway station.


So happyz!

Cool weather calls for selfies anytime and anywhere.

So glad that both our parents allowed us to travel alone :D

 

Finally reached Gwangalli Beach.

And that's Gwangan Bridge in front.

One side of the bridge has buildings (see previous photo) whereas the other side has mountains.

Left the beach to find a dinner place nearby so that we could come back for the night view.

We ended up walking to and fro the area because I don't really like the dining options there. I think Seoul suits me more than Busan...

It's also harder to communicate with the locals in Busan because they don't speak English or Chinese. My survival Korean wasn't sufficient.

Mom's Hands Korean Restaurant (Gwangan Station)

Finally, dinner is served after almost an hour because I couldn't decide what to eat. We had a hard time finishing this spicy seafood stew that is loaded with expensive seafood. The portion is too big but most importantly, the seafood wasn't fresh, which resulted in the soup tasting weird.

Gwangan Bridge (Gwangan Station) - website

Back at Gwangalli Beach after dinner.

The bridge looks so beautiful now that the lights are up!

Cooling weather in spring + lower temperature at night + by the beach = BRAIN FREEZE

Brrrrrr it's so super freezing cold. Look, there's hardly anyone on the beach already.

Happened to catch the light show before we left the chilly beach.

- End of day 1 -

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad