My hamsters

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I've just completed my expository writing on the advantages and disadvantages of keeping animals in zoos. I'm not here to take a stand. Instead, I only want to say an advantage that we've discussed in class. Yes, animals provide us, Man with valuable and relevant information. While I was cleaning my hamster's cage, I thought of how true it is. I know my hamsters inside out.

I have 2 hamsters. They are of the same sex, species, size, features, and everything except habits. That is also how I differentiate them. Hamsters don't respond to names. They only respond to food, and that is why I can't call their names to diiferentiate them. They are both male. I wanted both to be females, but the salesperson is stupid enough to give me wrong ones. Sad to say, they were chosen by me and my dad. This should be love at first sight.

Whenever I feed them finger-food, I will have to separate my hands and let them both of them see that they have food... and most importantly, feed them at the same time. You can feed them at the same time, but it will end up that the smaller one eats all.

The smaller one is very active. He likes to run in the exercise ball and climb up and down the stairs. There is one time he ran bonkers. He kept running in circles in the first level and sprinted up the stairs to the second level, continuously, till I kept him occupied with food.

The slightly bigger one is more lazy. He does not like to exercise. He sleeps a lot too. He is also quite heck-care everytime I feed him. I don't know whether the other one is unhappy about him, sleeping and not moving or not. He kept chasing the bigger one around. They fight a lot and something unfortuante has happened to the bigger one. I'm not telling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad