Problematic Piano

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The piano arrived at around nine this morning. I'm not the least happy. Within an hour, I discovered 4 problems...
  • Firstly, the piano had sticky keys, and when I pressed the key, it played no sound.
  • Secondly, the front board of the piano was loose, such that when I shaked the board, the 200+++ kg piano will also shake.
  • Thirdly, the whatever sticker that they pasted weren't taken out nicely, such that it left a sticky layer on my piano.
  • Fourthly, it's either the workmanship was lousy or the transportation men were clumsy, because there were a few minor scratches. But I don't care, because I can see them!
I called the piano company regarding the sticky keys...
Me: My piano seems to have MANY sticky keys.
G: Maybe the piano has to adapt to the new environment. Let the heater heat up the piano for a few days, then it should be okay.
Me: My 2 previous pianos did not have this problem before, even when they were first delivered.
G: Don't worry. I will arrange a time slot for the technician to come and take a look at the piano. If the sticky keys go away, kindly call us to cancel your appointment.
Me: Okay. Surely no problem?
G: Don't worry.
I discovered the loose board minutes later. My dad tried to screw the screws to its tightest, but the board is still loose. So, my dad called them this time.
Dad: Can I speak to G?
(waiting...)
The board is loose... ... ... We're not happy with this piano. I want to exchange this piano for another one.
G: ... ... ... I'll send the technician there before deciding whether to exchange or not.
Don't worry.
What the f*** ?!

Her service was good, but can she stop saying "Don't worry." Also, the people who made this piano were not very skilled, I must say. If this carries on, I will not hesitate to change back to my SANDER SP-300 EP.

Professional Collection Acoustic Upright Piano. German style with beautiful appearance and distinctive timbre, full undertone and bright alt.

I missed my SANDNER piano.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad