Back from Chalet

Monday, November 20, 2006

The chalet stay wasn't very pleasant. There were many insects - everywhere.

I think the most frightening one was the flying cockroach. When I was watching TV at 12am plus, it appeared. It flew around the living room and crawled on the walls and the TV console. Who says one can't be a multi-tasker? Well, I can. I watched the TV and at the same time, I had my eyes fixed on the cockroach, not wanting it to be out of my sight and landing on my hair the next moment. Luckily, my father smacked it down into the drain with newspapers. We didn't find the corpse though. I think it went into the hole in the drain. But wait... I thought the hole in the drain leads to another hole in the drain in front of the kitchen? The fight with the cockroach seems too late... I went to sleep after watching The End of the Cockroach.

Just when I first noticed the cockroach, I saw a big spider. It remained near the TV console until my grandmum walked past it. My grandmum didn't seem to know about it. Since then, I've never seen the timid spider.

On the day that we left the chalet, I first saw a small lizard on the wall behind the TV. Then, a big lizard appeared. I think I saw the big one the previous night. Just when I thought it may be the parent of the smaller one, it moved very fast and opened it's mouth and ate the smaller one. At the same instant, another small lizard came out. It climbed to and fro the TV, and climbed to the back of the TV, where I suppose the big lizard was. It should have met it's doom...

These are some pictures that I've taken at the chalet...


Door gate


Barbecue area


An open area outside our rooms


My room

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Instagram

The Popular

The Ad